onsdag 5 maj 2010

HELP

I'm going to write this in English since I have a feeling Chat can help me with this, so I'll spare him the awful translation from Google translate. Jenny and Sara, you can help too (Jenny especially).

So, I have an assignment for one of my classes. I have to do a presentation about a movie. Doesn't matter which one, but preferably one I like. The thing is, my teacher said that it should not just be about plot (we don't even have to explain the plot if it's not a really unknown film), it has to be about deeper aspects, like themes and why the director has chosen to do certain things. We also have to show a still from the movie, a special scene where something interesting is going on and explain why the director has done it in the way he/she has done it. I need help! I'm terrible at looking for themes and stuff in movies. Can you please suggest a film that's super deep and cool (and good!)? Please?

6 kommentarer:

Teresa sa...

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.
P.S. Jag är i och för sig inte någon av ovanstående personer, men jag skriver ändå.

ErixZone sa...

American History X - finns hur många scener som helst i filmen. Rena hatet, oklanderlig kärlek mellan bröder. Förvirringen mellan ställningstagande. Rätt kontra fel. handlingen är dessutom grym

Domesticated Ape sa...

I did a very similar essay in uni. Cohen brothers make perfect films for a film student.

I did a paper on 'O Brother Where Art Thou?' It has several layers - racial, social and religious all under what seems like a comedy. It's amazing how much symbolism they use in their music, plot and on-screen action. You’ll have plenty to write about.

For example: Toward the end of the film, Clooney’s character and this pals are about to be killed by the police. At this moment they are praying for forgiveness. Next thing, a flood of water rushes down from the broken dam and saves them. This is actually symbolic for Clooney being baptized, a concept he mocked earlier in the film.

I can find my essay for you to look over if you like. I refer to few film theorists too, which might be helpful.

sara sa...

Some suggestions from me:

American Pie. Joke

The Hours - Meryl Streep's guilt is a really strong theme that you can talk about for ages

Gone with the wind - so many good scenes between Scarlett and Rhett

The Ghost Writer would have been perfect, but it's not out yet. Any film by Polanski would probably work though!

Otherwise Chat's suggestion is really good xx

Sofia sa...

Thank you guys. You're awesome. Chat, I would be eternally grateful if you could send me your essay. I love O Brother, so I think I'll do that one. I've done some shitty work for this course so far (it's a speech course by the way, so I'll have to do an oral presentation) so hopefully this presentation will make up for it.

Domesticated Ape sa...

Hey Sofia,

I emailed it over today, but I did it from my work email. So if it's not in you Inbox, check you Junk.